NEWLY UPGRADED COURSE!!
- Includes the latest knowledge for tuning Virtual Torque, Direct Injection Timing, Torque Management and much more!
- Based on HP Tuners 3.X Platform, this most recent GM GEN V course was developed for anyone who wants to learn from scratch!
- Follow specific processes using our laminates to tune bolt-on, heads/cam and forced induction GEN V Cars, Trucks and SUV’s.
- Full 200+ page color course workbook with screenshots of what the parameters and tables are that you need to adjust, along with why and how to.
- 1 year of support included!
The new GEN V ECM builds upon the methods and processes of its predecessors, which made use of Fuel, Spark and Airflow models to run older engines. The new GEN V ECM is torque based and you must understand the torque model and how it functions to properly tune this ECM for your vehicle’s modifications.
The R&D Team has spent countless hours needed to have an in depth process that covers how to identify the problems with the Virtual Torque system, which include Driver Demand, Peak Torque, and the Virtual Torque maps.
We’ve created checks and balances using the new HP Tuners 3.x VCM Scanner’s Math functions to ensure we are getting the torque numbers right, by comparing real torque numbers we derive from airflow and estimated torque from the Virtual Torque system. We call it a sanity check, which helps the tuner find the problem or ensure it is correct.
The processes we include describe the potential problems you can have (throttle closures, spark reduction or increases) and how to identify the source and then fix the source of the problem(s).
What can you learn with our course?
- How to adjust the direct injection fuel angle (injection timing) for maximum spray time with your actual camshaft timing events!
- How to adjust the Peak Torque, Driver Demand and Virtual Torque systems and understand why they behave the way they do.
- How to keep the engine running at maximum power safely – with commanded throttle and spark following your requests.
- How to adjust Idle for large cams, turbos, and superchargers.
Features of the course include:
- The basics of how to use the HP Tuners Software 3.x (VCM Scanner and Editor)
- What tables need to be changed for your tuning needs
- What the common ranges are for the tables being adjusted.
- How the Direct Injection fuel system works
- The proper order of tuning, to include Airflow, Fuel, Spark, Torque and more.
This course ships complete with the following items:
- GEN V Tuning workbook (written specifically for HP Tuners 3.x applications) (200+ pages)
- MAF & Virtual VE Guide supplement workbook
- The Tuning Checklists (Specific to car modification type)
- The Tuning Tree (a map of table locations)
- Technical Tuning Support for one year