Our in-house tuners, Tuning School graduates, and industry partners have searched long and hard for the perfect wide-band sensor system and, while we haven’t found the perfect system just yet, we believe that the Ballenger AFR500CAN Air Fuel Ratio Monitor Kit w/ NTK Sensor may be as close as you can get – especially for the money! Designed specifically for tuners like us, we like the Ballenger AFR500CAN for its accuracy, range, fast display, and ease of use. This Tuning School recommended and spec’d system blends an affordable price with a high-quality NTK Production sensor, an AFR500CAN to OBDII Adapter cable, and includes everything you need to get up and running with reliable air/fuel data quickly.
The AFR500CAN is capable of reading air fuel ratio values from 9.0:1 to 16.0:1 (0.62-1.1λ) for standard range or 6.0:1 to 20.0:1 (0.411-1.373λ) for wide range with a resolution of 0.1 to provide excellent resolution in the tuning range of most performance vehicles.
We recommend the AFR500CAN if you are regularly tuning CAN-Bus enabled vehicles with HP Tuners, EFI Live, MoTec, AEM, Haltech, or other EFI tuning software that works with CAN-Bus systems. If you spend most of your time tuning pre-’07 vehicles and/or EFI Systems that only require a 0-5 volt analog output signal from your wideband unit, we recommend the AFR500v2 kit.
Our Ballenger AFR500CAN Air Fuel Ratio Monitor Kit w/ NTK Sensor includes:
- Large, bright digital display controller (~3.4in x 2.7in x 1.3in)
- 13 ft wiring harness with sealed connections
- NTK Production wideband oxygen sensor
- Weld in steel exhaust boss & plug
- Mounting Velcro
- Comprehensive Installation, troubleshooting & tuning manual
- 0-5 volt Analog Output Signal
- 11-28 volt Input Power (24v system capable)
- Compatibility with most aftermarket ECUs
- Compatibility with popular tuning systems like HP Tuners & SCT
- AFR500CAN to OBDII Adapter Cable
Compatible Fuel Types:
- Gasoline / Petrol (leaded or unleaded)
- Alcohol (Methanol)
- Ethanol (E100, E85, E20, E15, E10, etc)
- Flex Fuels
- Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG)
- Many other combustible fuels