Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) Policy
INTEGRITY | KNOWLEDGEABLE | EXCELLENCE | GOLDEN RULE | INNOVATIVE
The Tuning School, Inc. has a mission to guide our customers on their journey to achieving the best performance, driveability and fuel economy possible for their vehicles. We will do this by teaching safe, repeatable methods and providing outstanding customer support.
We recognize that our success is tied to the success of our network of select authorized resellers. We also know that many of our dealers invest significant time and resources to deliver an extraordinary customer experience. We want to protect their ability to do so, while at the same time discouraging price-based advertising that would be detrimental to our dealer's service and support efforts. As a result, The Tuning School, Inc. has unilaterally established this Minimum Advertised Price (“MAP”) Policy.
2. Policy Statement
The Tuning School, Inc., in its sole discretion, reserves the right to discontinue doing business with any reseller that advertises any product(s) covered by this MAP policy at a price lower than the MAP.
3. General Guidelines
The MAP policy applies to all advertisements of The Tuning School, Inc.’s products in any and all media, including, without limitation, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, Internet or similar electronic media, television, radio, and public signage.
MAP pricing for all The Tuning School, Inc. products can be found on your current price list. All advertised prices must be at or above MAP for all The Tuning School, Inc. products if a MAP price has been established by The Tuning School, Inc.. Resellers are not required to list prices in advertising. If a price is listed in an advertisement it must be at or above MAP. Other statements such as “call for price” or “call for quote” are acceptable and permitted.
- The products covered by this policy are listed in Section 7, (“MAP Products”). The Tuning School, Inc. may in its sole discretion modify this list from time to time.
4. Advertising Guidelines
The MAP policy applies to all advertisements of MAP products in any and all media, including but not limited to flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, television, radio, and public signage, as well as internet sites, social media sites, apps, or any other electronic media.
Website features such as “click for price," automated “bounce-back” pricing emails, pre-formatted email responses, forms, automatic price display for any items prior to being placed in a customer’s shopping cart and other similar features are considered to be communications initiated by the reseller (rather than by the customer) and thereby constitute “advertising” under this MAP policy.
It shall not be a violation of this MAP policy to advertise that a customer may “call for price” or “email for price," or to use similar language, specifically with respect to The Tuning School, Inc. products, so long as no price is listed.
It shall not be a violation of this MAP policy to advertise in general that the reseller has “the lowest prices” or will match or beat its competitors’ prices, or to use similar phrases; so long as the reseller does not include any advertised price below MAP and otherwise complies with this MAP policy.
- From time to time, The Tuning School, Inc. may permit resellers to advertise MAP products at prices lower than the MAP retail price. In such events, The Tuning School, Inc. reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP retail price with respect to the affected products for a specified period of time by providing advance notice to all resellers of such changes.
5. Bundling Guidelines
“Bundling” or advertising The Tuning School, Inc. products for sale together with other products will violate this MAP policy when:
- the effective or stated price of the bundle represents a discount of greater than 5% of the MAP; or
- the product(s) bundled with MAP products violate The Tuning School, Inc. Intellectual Property rights; or
- the product(s) bundled with MAP products include words, packaging, graphics, or other indicia which may create customer confusion as to the source of the product(s); or
- the effective or stated discount is greater than 5% of the highest priced item in the bundle.
6. Policy Enforcement
If a reseller with multiple store locations violates this MAP policy at any one store location, or on any associated website, then The Tuning School, Inc. will consider this to be a violation by the dealer.
The Tuning School, Inc. reserves the right to cancel any pending orders, restrict future orders, or suspend resellers’ account if The Tuning School, Inc. reasonably believes:
-a reseller has violated the provisions of this policy; or
-a reseller intends to violate this policy.
The Tuning School, Inc.'s Chief Operating Officer (COO) is solely responsible for determining whether a violation of the MAP policy has occurred, as well as determining appropriate sanctions.
Waivers to this MAP policy may be granted in The Tuning School, Inc.'s sole discretion by the COO in writing. The Tuning School, Inc. Sales, Marketing, or other personnel are not authorized to modify or grant exceptions to the MAP Policy. In the event that the COO authorizes a waiver to the MAP policy, resellers must strictly adhere to the terms of the waiver letter. Deviation from the terms of a waiver letter is a violation of the MAP policy.
The Tuning School, Inc. reviews the advertised prices of resellers, either directly or via the use of third-party agencies or tools. Resellers are expected to provide reasonable cooperation in any The Tuning School, Inc. investigations regarding possible MAP policy violations. Hindering, obstructing, delaying, or otherwise failing to cooperate with a The Tuning School, Inc. MAP policy investigation is a violation of this MAP policy.
- The MAP policy will be enforced by The Tuning School, Inc. in its sole discretion and without notice. Dealers, distributors, and resellers have no right to enforce the MAP policy. Violations of this policy may result in any of the aforementioned sanctions up to and including termination of our business relationship, as well as any available remedies at law. All questions related to this MAP policy should be directed in email to info@TheTuningSchool.com.
MAP - FAQs
Where is the MAP policy enforced?
The MAP policy is enforceable worldwide.
Who reports MAP violations?
Reports are primarily submitted by a 3rd party monitoring service but can also be brought to our attention by existing authorized resellers.
What are some examples of being compliant vs non-compliant?
Compliant is advertising at full MAP price or when a user takes action to see the advertised price (i.e. adding product to cart to see pricing).
Non-compliant is advertising below full MAP price with no user action (i.e. advertising below MAP without adding an item to the cart).