The Tuning School
This is our most comprehensive learning system yet.
It features the GM Gen V printed course along with the online learning companion.
The GM Gen V Fundamentals and Tuning Process Online Course is a companion course, designed to provide a supercharged experience for every student who is learning at home.
This course will teach you a step-by-step tuning process and help you to identify the problems with the Virtual Torque system, which include Driver Demand, Peak Torque, and the Virtual Torque maps. You can tune with confidence knowing that we have developed a safe, effective and repeatable process for you to follow.
In 10 comprehensive sessions, you be guided through the materials as you learn a step-by-step tuning process for Gen V engine GM vehicles.
Your Companion Course includes:
- Almost 10 hours of teaching and lectures
- Over 20 additional resource videos
- Bonus session on Basic Engine Fundamentals adding additional teaching on internal combustion, airflow, induction, fueling, spark, and knock
- Exclusive access to our private online support community
- Certificate of Completion
- Multiple articles, quizzes, and practical self-assessments
- Includes the latest knowledge for tuning Virtual Torque, Direct Injection Timing, Torque Management and much more!
- Based on HP Tuners VCM Suite, this most recent GM GEN V course was developed for anyone who wants to learn from scratch!
- Follow specific processes using our laminates to tune bolt-on, heads/cam and forced induction GEN V Cars, Trucks and SUV's.
- Full 200+ page color course workbook with screenshots of what the parameters and tables are that you need to adjust, along with why and how to.
- 1 year of support included!
What can you learn with our course?
- How to adjust the direct injection fuel angle (injection timing) for maximum spray time with your actual camshaft timing events!
- How to adjust the Peak Torque, Driver Demand and Virtual Torque systems and understand why they behave the way they do.
- How to keep the engine running at maximum power safely - with commanded throttle and spark following your requests.
- How to adjust Idle for large cams, turbos, and superchargers.
Features of the course include:
- The basics of how to use the HP Tuners VCM Suite (VCM Scanner and Editor)
- What tables need to be changed for your tuning needs
- What the common ranges are for the tables being adjusted.
- How the Direct Injection fuel system works
- The proper order of tuning, to include Airflow, Fuel, Spark, Torque and more.
This course ships complete with the following items:
- GEN V Tuning workbook (200+ pages)
- MAF & Virtual VE Guide supplement workbook
- The Tuning Checklists (Specific to car modification type)
- The Tuning Tree (a map of table locations)
- Technical Tuning Support for one year
To view some excerpts and examples from the course click here
**Shipping policy** Paid orders received by 10am EDT will be processed for shipment the same day. Orders received after 10am EDT will be processed for shipment the next business day. Weekends and holidays will be processed next business day.
International orders are subject to your country's import fees.
Our return policy extends for 30 days past the date of purchase.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the original packaging.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned:
* Downloadable software products
* HP Tuner Credit purchases
* Online courses
*Live/private hands-on seminars
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Once The Tuning School receives the item(s) back, a refund is submitted. It could take approximately 3-5 business days. Although we submit the refund immediately, the customer's bank must still process the refund and apply it to the account. Processing time varies between banks.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
The Tuning School offers price protection for full retail priced items only.
If an item price has dropped within 7 days after purchase, the price difference can be refunded.
This is not valid with other promotional discounted/sales, hands-on classes, clearance, or specially-priced bundles. Not valid for Black Friday/Cyber Monday discounts.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com or call 727-264-8875 for return authorization. Then send your item to: 2328 Destiny Way Suite A, Odessa, FL, 33556, United States.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: 2328 Destiny Way Suite A, Odessa, FL, 33556, United States.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
SECTION 8 – SHIPPING POLICY
PLEASE SEE OUR COVID-19 RESPONSE AT THE TOP BANNER. All products shipped from The Tuning School are shipped between the hours 10:00am – 10:30pm EST Monday-Friday (excluding holidays).
Products purchased are shipped same day before 10:00am EST otherwise shipped next business day.
All orders shipped USPS Priority take an additional 1-3 days.
Next Day Air shipments are only next business day.
UPS shipments are calculated on business days only (for example, UPS 2 Day Air purchased on Friday morning would be shipped Friday afternoon. Two business days would mean the package arrives on Tuesday).
Call for arrangements for non-business days.
This information should be used in example; wanting an overnight shipment that is purchased on a Friday at 4:30pm EST. This shipment would not be sent until Monday, which means the customer would not receive it until Tuesday.
After hand-off to carrier occurs, all responsibility and liability is transferred to shipping carrier. Customers choose their shipping speed at time of purchase. The Tuning School is not responsible for delayed, lost, or damaged shipping due to carrier neglect.
*If Klarna is chosen as a method of payment, a delivery confirmation signature is required.