January 12-13, 2019 Tampa Area, Florida
This hands-on class is two-days (16 hours total) of training at at our dyno-equipped facility. You will learn how to tune Gen V vehicles using HP Tuners software during classroom time and during live dyno instruction using several students' actual vehicles.
Seminar topics include:
- How to adjust the direct injection fuel angle (injection timing) for maximum spray time with your actual camshaft timing events!
- How to adjust the Peak Torque, Driver Demand and Virtual Torque systems and understand why they behave the way they do.
- How to keep the engine running at maximum power safely – with commanded throttle and spark following your requests.
- How to adjust Idle for large cams, turbos, and superchargers.
- Plenty of hands-on dyno experience using students' actual vehicles.
- The basics of how to use the HP Tuners Software 3.x (VCM Scanner and Editor)
- What tables need to be changed for your tuning needs
- What the common ranges are for the tables being adjusted.
- How the Direct Injection fuel system works
- The proper order of tuning, to include Airflow, Fuel, Spark, Torque and more.
Your seminar purchase includes:
- Course Materials (see below)
- Live Dyno Instruction
- Lunch included
Course materials include (a $795 value):
- GEN V Tuning workbook (written specifically for HP Tuners 3.x applications) (200+ pages)
- MAF & Virtual VE Guide supplement workbook
- The Tuning Checklists (Specific to car modification type)
- The Tuning Tree (a map of table locations)
- Digital Download example tune files and videos that guide you through the changes made for certain more complex tables
- One year of technical support through our Online Ticket System
We will ship your course materials upon booking so that you can start learning right away!
We also offer Private Seminars for enthusiasts and shop owners looking to learn at their own pace. These hands-on two day minimum seminars are $1,250 per day ($500 for each additional student per day up to three students total) and include everything listed above with the class taught at your own pace. You can come learn on our dyno at our facility or we can teach you at yours (additional fees for travel). For more details, please call us at (727) 264-8875.